+ Instructions (click)
Act every 2 hours
(Unless you are diabetic or instructed otherwise by a doctor) The Reinforcement red pill should not be used by pregnant, lactating women or those having any sensitivity to any of its ingredients.
By now, the dose you prepared the night before is ready (cold and thick, not drinkable) and activated in the refrigerator. The mixture will be thick and cold.
Beginners should start swallowing a small spoon size of mixture followed immediately by a sip of water. Take as much formula in each spoonful as you feel comfortable. Try to consume as much as you can, and then a bit more, so there isn’t any space left in your stomach. Preferably, you should consume the entire activator, until you reach goal 1 and even goal 2.
Drink one bottle of water over the next 30 minutes. If any mixture was not consumed in the morning, it should be finished and consumed in the evening.
2 hours later
Take a red + yellow pills (Premium and Custom) and drink one bottle of water over the next 30 minutes.
You have earned your first calories of the day. Your stomach has significantly shrunk thanks to your discipline, supported by the regimen.
Now you will be surprised: serve yourself only a small portion and eat very slowly. Wait 30 seconds in between bites. You will be amazed at how satisfied you are after just those few bites. You should remember that from here on, small food portions will satisfy you.
Your life has transformed and food will function only to sustain your body. You are NO LONGER addicted to artificial “comfort foods”. Instead, think of food as the enemy, which shortens your life like a drug.
2 hours later
Congratulations! Your blood sugars are now balanced and you should not crave high calorie or junk foods. Over a very short period, your need for snacks and sweets will diminish.
2 hours later
2 hours later
4 hours before falling asleep
Now it is time to enjoy your last meal of the day. No more calorie intake. Prepare a healthy meal.
You will take small bites and wait 30 seconds between bites. Chew very slowly and enjoy the flavor of each bite.
You won’t need to consume any more food tonight and you may drink only water or soothing tea the rest of the evening. Get used to drinking hot tea as it will do you good.
With limited stomach capacity, you need to serve yourself smaller food portions. During meal time, eat very slowly and wait 30 seconds between bites. You will be amazed at how little you need to eat to feel satisfied.
Remember: your stomach is already occupied with the Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE formula, so when you eat too large of a portion, you will be stretching your stomach. This is counterproductive to your weight loss goals.
You will not feel the effects of overeating immediately but should notice it, 30 to 60 minutes, after you have finished eating. Eating slowly will allow you to pick up on subtle cues your body is signaling. Aside from stretching your stomach, you may have gas, bloating, and/or diarrhea.
Cheese, milk and yogurt can cause a bloated stomach, excess gas or even diarrhea. Dairy products increase inflammation in the body (Dandona 2004) and are significantly associated with weight gain (Berkey 2005). Most dairy products are high in fat, making it harder for you to lose the weight. Replace regular milk with almond milk, which is rich in calcium and low in calories.
Our medical team explains: Dairy includes any products from a bovine mammal, including but not limited to milk, yogurt, cream, cheese, ice cream and some chocolate. Full fat dairy products typically contain >4% fat per 100g, and while their low fat alternatives contain less fat, they generally contain more sugar.
Stopping Weight Gain:
- Milk consumption significantly increases body mass index (BMI) (p<0.05) (Berkey 2005).
- Dairy products contain estrone, one of the estrogen hormones, which may increase body weight (Remesar 1999). Estrogen plays an important role regulating energy expenditure, and decreases the accumulation of ectopic lipids (João 2013).
AVOID / limit caffeine because it intensifies cravings and may be destructive to the regimen. Caffeine drinks such as coffee, soda and some teas, increase cravings and are counterproductive to your weight loss goal. However, decaf coffee and tea are ok to drink. Cream should be substituted for low fat milk and be used sparingly.
Our medical team explains: Caffeine suppresses leptin, a hormone responsible for increasing the metabolism of fats and promoting satiety (Westerterp-Plantenger 2005). Caffeine, the world’s most psychoactive substance (Mednick 2008), is a stimulant of the central nervous system (Nehlig 1992). Although caffeine may increase your alertness and mental concentration, it also has negative side effects like, anxiety, disrupted sleep and dehydration, all of which will affect your long term weight loss goals (Snel 2011).
Are you serious about reducing your weight?
Your body needs to be “shocked” into a “light and fit” existence. When exercising, your body releases endorphins that energize your mood, relieve stress, boost your self-esteem, and trigger an overall sense of well-being. Exercise 30 to 90 min a day to signal to your brain that your body needs to transform to a leaner you. Find something you enjoy doing, like Zumba, walking, biking, jogging, etc. Always consult with your doctor before beginning a new exercise regimen.
Weight loss progress
Weigh yourself as you wake up. You should have lost about 1-4 lbs as your fat has broken down and left your body: 16% as water and 84% as your night breathing. Weigh yourself before going back to sleep.
Successful users lose about 1 pound per day. Tune in to your body. Keep a journal. Write your daily weights, food intake, thoughts and emotions in your journal.
* Limited eating
Now that you have a limited stomach capacity, only serve yourself small portions in order to avoid side effects like a bloated stomach and painful gas. Wait 30 seconds between bites and chew every bite SLOWLY.
Overeating will stretch your stomach. You will be surprised by how little you need to eat to be satisfied once you follow these rules.
6 water bottles
To maintain the Gastric Bypass Effect, you need to drink at least six, 16oz bottles (10-12 glasses) of water throughout the day. Not drinking enough water can cause dehydration, headaches or other complications.
Our medical team explains: Assume BSA’s average client is about 100 lbs overweight, if they drink 3 liters of water a day, they will lose 7 lbs or have a 7% weight reduction in one year.
Water intake effects on weight loss
- Drinking one liter of water (2 bottles) before each meal, results in 2 kg (4.5 lbs) weight loss over twelve weeks, for overweight, middle-aged and older adults (Dennis 2010).
- Drinking 500ml (1 bottle) of water, 30 minutes before each meal, results in a 7 kg (15.5 lbs) weight loss over twelve weeks (Dennis 2010). Reductions were also observed in BMI, waist circumference, blood pressure, total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) and triglyceride concentrations (Dennis 2010).
- Drinking 500ml (one bottle) of water also burns 12.4 calories more than drinking 500ml of an alternative, non-caloric drink, such as diet beverages. (Boschmann 2003).
- Drinking a total of 3 liters per day, spread throughout the day, would burn 75 calories more than drinking an alternative non-caloric drink. This would result in 8.7 kg (19 lbs) weight loss per year (Boschmann 2003).
Food to avoid
AVOID ALL fried or greasy foods such as: hamburgers, french fries fast foods, fried items, pastries, etc.). Along with weight gain, they may also cause uncomfortable gas and/or diarrhea.
Sleep 7-8 hours
You can lose another 0.5 lbs during the 8th hour of your sleep. Check this tip, by weighing yourself before you fall asleep and again when you wake up.
Our medical team explains: Men and women consume 15.3% and 9.2% more calories, respectively, when deprived of sleep (from an average 8 hours per night to 4 hours per night) (St-Onge 2011). This results in an average intake of 1,900 calories per day, leading to a weight gain of 250g to 500g (0.55 lbs to 1 lbs) per week. This becomes a weight gain of 13 kg to 26 kg (28 lbs to 57 lbs) per year.
9 hour eating span
You may eat within a span of 9 hours, from your first food intake of the day until the last food intake. Consuming the Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE dose, in the morning, does not count as a meal. You should not eat ANYTHING 4 hours before the time you fall asleep. Example: if you fall asleep at 11 pm, your last food intake, of any kind, will be at 7pm.
Our medical team explains: Assuming that the average client is about 45 kg (100 lbs) overweight, and weighs about 118 kg (260 lbs), this equates to 6 kg (13 lbs) a month or 13% total body weight reduction. Fasting burns fat (Harvie 2011) as it enhances hormone function. Lower insulin levels and higher growth hormone levels increase the breakdown of body fat (Wilcox 2005). For this reason, short-term fasting increases the metabolic rate by 3.6 to 14%, helping burn even more calories (Zauner 2000, Mansell 1990).
Enjoy your choice of flavor from the list below. Shake vigorously to dissolve all of the formula and refrigerate at least 5 hours to activate and thicken.
- Instead of water, use a non-carbonated, diet liquid such as: low calorie cranberry juice or similar, or
- Use the cherry flavored pack included, or
- Use Crystal Light packets to add a variety of flavors, or
- Use FlavorX, which is used to flavor liquid medications and is available in most drug stores. Use the sugar-free varieties.
Do not let the taste or texture hinder you from achieving your healthy weight. Regardless of the taste, think of the regimen as your medicine to help you reach your goal.
Morning dose quantity
Your stomach about the size of 1.5 fists. The morning Bariatric Surgery ALTERNATIVE dose should leave you with less available stomach capacity.
Consume as much as you can of the morning mixture. It is suggested that, in the first few months of the regimen, you consume the entire Activator dose (in the white container). Your stomach pouch needs to be FULL but not stretched. This should carry you, over the next 4 hours, until you eat your first meal.
As you approach your 50% weight reduction (Goal 2), you will feel a shrinking stomach capacity and find that you are eating less than half of what you are accustomed to. As you reach your healthy weight goal, you should only take about ⅓ of the morning dose. You may reduce the morning dose frequency to 2-3 times a week, as you see fit.
For those with a hunger spike in the late afternoon, half of a dose of the Bariatric Surgery ALTERNATIVE formula is recommended so you will eat a smaller dinner.
STOP EATING 4 hours before falling asleep. This is CRUCIAL! Your last calorie intake needs to be 4 hours before going to bed.
1,200 calories a day
It is recommended that Bariatric surgery patients consume 1,000 to 1,300 calories per day. Likewise, you should restrict your eating to 1,200 to 1,500 calories a day. During the regimen, your shrinking stomach will have a limited capacity for food.
While bariatric surgery patients are put on very restricted diets, you are not. The freedom and responsibility to choose what you eat, is yours. However, you must eat ONLY HEALTHY foods (lean meats, fresh fruits and fresh vegetables) and avoid high calorie junk foods (fried items, cheese, butter, sweets, etc.)
Bread, pasta, carbs
Limit your carbohydrate consumption:
- Bread: Limit to 10 slices a week (choose whole wheat flour, 100% whole wheat or 100% whole grain)
- Pasta: 2-3 dishes a week (go lightly on the Alfredo sauce and avoid adding extra butter, cheese or oils)
- Pizza: Limit to 3 slices a week (always degrease the pizza with a napkin first)
- Pastries or sweet treats: Limit to 2 a week (keep it fist size)
Replace regular milk with almond milk, which is rich in calcium and lower in calories.
Cheese, milk and yogurt can cause bloating, gas and diarrhea. Most dairy products are high in fat, making it harder for you to lose the weight.
What to drink?
The best thing to drink is water or a low-calorie drink such as Crystal Light.
- Do not drink soda or fruit juice because these are high in calories and can add 3 lbs a month to your weight.
- Diet soda is okay calorie wise but may cause a bloated stomach and gas.
- Dairy drinks, such as milk, should be avoided as they are high in calories and may cause a bloated stomach, gas and/or diarrhea.
- Alcoholic drinks may be enjoyed in moderation, but keep in mind they are high in calories and can lead to dehydration.
- Caffeinated drinks such as soda, coffee and tea may cause an increase in unwanted cravings which is counterproductive to your weight loss goal. Decaf coffee and decaf tea are okay to drink.
Grade yourself daily
- Have you followed ALL of the Instructions?
- Have you followed ALL of the RULES?
- Which portion size did you serve yourself compared to before?
- 70% as before
- Did you take small bites and chew very slowly?
- Did you avoid ALL junk and fried foods?
- Did you overcome ALL cravings?
- Have you refrained from sugary beverages?
- How much have you exercised today?
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 1 hour
- How much weight did you lose today?
- If it’s less than 0.75 pound, think what you could improve
- We hope you did well today!
Enhance your weight reduction with supplementation of calcium, vitamin D and magnesium.
Vitamins: B12, B6 and C are already included in the morning dose. Our medical team explains: Calcium (1000-1200 mg/d) controls appetite and prevents fat accumulation (Major 2009, Gilbert 2011).